To work with inspiring people doing cool things that matter.
- 6+ years of experience in successful product management, business development, community management, marketing, and relationship management.
- Founded entrepreneurial ventures and released several consumer web products, demonstrating successful coordination between cross-functional teams.
- Creative, resourceful, and eager to learn, I enjoy tackling the hard problems.
New Tech Network
Oakland, CA | November 2012 – May 2013 | newtechnetwork.org
- Led multi-disciplinary team to redesign Echo, New Tech’s Learning Management System.
- Champion for the user, seeking to understand needs and pain points through nationwide studies and interviews.
- Vastly improved UX, decreasing workflow inefficiencies by 50-95% and increasing app speed and responsiveness.
FindLaw, a Thomson Reuters business
[Product Manager, Contractor]
Sunnyvale, CA | April 2012 – September 2012 | findlaw.com
- Owned the design and development of Thomson Reuter’s first consumer web product for DIY legal planning.
- Defined product features and functionality with specs, product requirements, wireframes, and flowcharts.
- Managed internal and outsourced technical and design teams to deliver proof of concept on time and under budget.
[Co-founder; Product & Biz Dev]
San Francisco, CA | August 2010 – April 2012 | yapsie.com
- Recruited hacker and designer cofounders as part of the Founder Institute startup accelerator program.
- Led customer development process, product management, vision, feature design, marketing, and community.
- Responsible for product requirements, wireframes, strategy, contracts, sales, and local event coordination.
- Successfully launched local communities of thousands of users in San Diego and San Francisco markets.
[Co-Founder; Product & Biz Dev]
San Diego, CA | September 2003 – Present | sduncensored.com
- Created first UCSD student discussion community and Slashdotted twice.
- Managed community building, product development, sales, student organization partnerships, PR, and events.
- Became the largest student-run organization on campus with tens of thousands of users and readers.
[Co-Founder; Product & Biz Dev]
San Diego, CA | January 2009 – November 2010 | epicsaurus.com
- Led engineering and design team to create “Open Studio” virtual gifting Facebook app, “Germany or Florida” Twitter game, and “FMK” (F*** Marry Kill) Facebook game; apps were used by ~10k daily active users.
Goowy Media, Inc
[Marketing & Business Development]
San Diego, CA | April 2007 – January 2008
- Acquired thousands of new users and contributed to AOL’s acquisition by evangelizing yourminis across web and social networks.
- Identified strategic partnership opportunities and new client relationships for business development and sales team.
[Demand Marketing Specialist]
San Diego, CA | September 2006 – February 2007 | eventful.com
- Successfully established and managed dozens of indie and mainstream band relationships, promoting widget use. Our team’s marketing campaigns tripled site traffic.
B.A., Psychology – University of California, San Diego
September 2002 – June 2004
Entrepreneurship, Product Management, Product Marketing, Biz Dev, Strategic Partnerships, Community Management, Product Evangelism, Product Vision, Hustle, and Customer Development.
HTML, CSS, Microsoft Office, iWork, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Balsamiq, OmniGraffle, Visio, Gliffy, InVision, Windows, Mac OSX, User Experience Research, Testing, and Design.
Technical Skills in progress
Bringing people together, space: the final frontier, starting up, making things, exotic foods…and bacon, pets (especially dogs), leveraging resources, and going all-in.